Thursday, September 26, 2013

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Yesterday was three months since our application was received by our agency.

We've waited for the application to be reviewed.
Waited for the background checks to be completed.
Waited for classes to be available.
Waited for inspections.
Waited for the agency to receive our fingerprinting.
Waited for our home study.
Waited for our home study to be turned in and then reviewed.
Waited to sign for our home verification.
And now we are waiting on the state to approve our license.

After we have our license, we will wait for our first call for placements. I'm tired of waiting.

All I can think about is the kids who will come into our home.

What have they been through? How much love are they getting right now? Do they have anyone who hugs them? What will they be like? What kinds of things will they like to do? Will they be angry, or sad, or maybe both? How old are they? Will they be the ones who stay with us forever, or will we be able to reunite them with their birth families?

We have this empty room in our house that can be filled by them. And I have an empty place in my heart waiting for them. And I'm ready for both to be filled.

God has perfect timing and he has the perfect children for us.
But I can't stop checking my phone. Praying for a call that we are licensed, and our home is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment